Advantages of Installing Countertops Made Of Quartz
There are different materials used in manufacture of countertops and one of them is quartz. Though quartz countertops are relatively new in the market, their use is becoming increasingly widespread due to their many advantages. If you are building a new home or renovating an old one, below are some of the reasons why you should consider this material.
Quartz has the same durability as granite and concrete. Your countertop will last for decades thus eliminating the repair and replacement costs.
The product is very attractive and can play a big role in defining the beauty of your home. It is manufactured in a wide range of colors unlike concrete and granite.
No chips and cracks
Quartz provides a better quality countertop. It’s a special product that will not chip or crack even when in contact with knives and other sharp objects. With such a countertop, you minimize the need for cutting boards in your kitchen. You can be more relaxed when preparing meals since you won’t have to worry about damaging the surfaces.
Resistant to staining
The material is non-porous and thus resists staining. Stains spoil the beauty of the surfaces and make the house untidy even when you clean it thoroughly. Quartz resists stains even better than concrete and granite. The surface will maintain its original look even after coffee, wine and juice spills.
Since the material is non porous, it will not harbor bacteria and fungi. Harmful microorganisms usually thrive in areas that are moist and porous. The product helps you to keep microorganisms away from surfaces thus reducing the risk of infections for your family. This is one of the main reasons why quartz is a preferred material for both the kitchen and bathroom.
Cost is usually a huge concern in many home improvement projects. Quartz is cost effective making it suitable even for large kitchens that have a huge counter space.
Quartz counters usually contain 93% natural quartz and 7% resin binder. With this combination, the end result is very strong. The strength gives you freedom to use the surface for a variety of purposes without worrying about it falling off or getting broken.
The product is low maintenance. It does not require a sealant or other routine maintenance to keep it in a good and functional condition.
Quartz is available in many colors and the color for each slab is very consistent. The color does not change overtime; the original appearance is maintained in its entire life. This is one of the areas where quartz beats granite. Granite is not consistent and colors may change over time. However, each material has its own benefits and you should examine them when making a decision.
Cleanliness is essential especially in the kitchen where food is prepared. Quartz surfaces are easy to clean. Dirt easily washes off with soap and water. And you don’t need to use the antibacterial soaps for cleaning surfaces. With just your ordinary detergent, the surfaces will be clean, glowing and bacteria free.
- What to Consider when Buying Quartz Countertops
- Techniques and Tricks For Polishing Quartz Countertops
- Maintenance Tips for Quartz Countertops
- Is Quartz a Safe Material for Countertops?
- How To Get The Best Price On Quartz Countertops
- Estimating the Cost of Quartz Countertops
- Choosing Quartz Countertop Color
- Blue Quartz Countertops: What You Need To Know
- All You Need To Know About Quartz Tile Countertop
- Advantages of Installing Countertops Made Of Quartz
- How to Choose a Quartz Countertop
- Why Quartz Kitchen Countertops Are the New Trend
- Care and Cleaning of Your Quartz Countertops
- Are Quartz Countertops Right for Your Kitchen?
- 3 Reasons Why Quartz Kitchen Countertops Are Simply Better
- Why the Best Kitchen Countertops Are Made of Quartz
- Kitchen Countertops: Why Quartz Beats Granite Every Time
- Granite vs Quartz Countertops: Which Material is Best?
- Easy and Beautiful: Care and Maintenance of Your New Quartz Countertops