Many Toronto homeowners simply view a new kitchen countertop as a day-to-day visual improvement and they are certainly not wrong; however, you should know that kitchen countertops are far more than a visual centerpiece. They are also a wise investment. There is a lot to gain from installing a new countertop as most of the value lies beyond the surface. Read ahead to learn about the many advantages to a kitchen countertop investment!
Increase the Value of Your Home
Like with most renovations, new kitchen countertops instantly raise your property’s value. In some ways, this means you pay for your countertop, but the money is not truly gone. It becomes part of your assets and will allow you to sell your house for even more when the time comes. Granite and other natural stone countertops are particularly good for increasing your overall equity. So remember a kitchen countertop provides both short-term and long-term value.
Impresses Home Buyers
If you are renovating as a way to attract buyers, a kitchen countertop should certainly be something worth considering. The kitchen is one of the most important rooms of a home. It typically experiences high traffic and is often a showpiece for guests and visitors. Beautiful granite or quartz countertops could give buyers a great first impression whereas an outdated kitchen could turn them off immediately. As well, many current homebuyers openly admit that they look for granite countertops or something similar when making a decision on what to buy.
The above benefits are all immediate and permanent, and they are only further bolstered by the security involved when owning a high-end countertop. Materials like granite, marble, and quartz are bound to last for years upon years from a durability standpoint. This means your new counter won’t need replacing and your investment in a new countertop is as permanent as you need it to be. Furthermore, current trends are suggesting that natural stone and engineered countertops are not going out of style anytime soon, so you can expect your new kitchen counter to be visually impressive years later.
The Daily Benefit
Outside of improving your home’s value and attracting buyers, a new countertop can have a significant impact on your daily life. Your new counter could be superior from a practical point of view (i.e. heat resistant), but simply waking each day to prepare meals on that exquisite surface can really lighten one’s mood and get one feeling more motivated to seize the day. New kitchen countertops will have a similar effect on anyone else who lives in your home and will impress your friends and guests too.
How are your kitchen countertops doing? Think it’s time for an upgrade? There is an unprecedented amount of colours, styles, patterns on the market right now, so be sure to carefully review all of your options. Once you have decided upon the perfect counter and have it installed, you will be able to start benefiting from all of the advantages offered by this invaluable investment!
- 5 Reasons to Buy Granite Kitchen Countertops
- The Pros and Cons of Marble Kitchen Countertops
- Should You Install Your New Kitchen Countertop by Yourself?
- 9 Reasons to Choose Quartz over Granite for your Kitchen Countertops
- Choosing the Right Kitchen Countertop Material
- Why You Should Buy Engineered Stone Kitchen Countertops
- What You Should Know About Replacing Your Kitchen Counters
- Which Is Better for My Kitchen Countertops: Granite or Quartz?
- Hottest Trends for Kitchen Counter Tops in 2016
- Budgeting for Certain Types of Kitchen Countertops
- Advantages and Drawbacks to a Granite Kitchen Countertop
- Modernizing Your Kitchen with New Countertops
- What You Gain from Investing in Kitchen Countertops
- The Creation Process: How Granite Kitchen Countertops Are Made
- Guidelines to Follow When Maintaining Your Kitchen Countertop
- 6 Things to Consider When Shopping for Kitchen Countertops
- A Look at Some Rare and Exotic Kitchen Countertops